Tested and Trusted Representation
With more than sixty-five years of combined legal experience, the attorneys at Rudner & Paleudis, LLC serve their clients from locations in New York City, White Plains, and Stamford.
Whether you operate a small business with only one employee or you employ hundreds of people, one thing is clear: when legal issues arise the most important decision you will face is where to turn for counsel and legal advice. The attorneys at our firm have spent decades representing individuals and business entities of all sizes. Our attorneys understand what is most important to all businesses - the bottom line.
At Rudner & Paleudis, LLC we pride ourselves on the breadth and expanse of our attorneys’ knowledge and understanding of the business world. Our attorneys hail from varied and diverse backgrounds. With years of experience in the hospitality industry, the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, the entertainment world, and the courtroom, our attorneys come equipped with the practical real world experience that allows them to provide crisp, clear, and fairly priced advice to their clients.
Our attorneys appear before local, state, and federal agencies such as the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA), the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), the United States Patent and Trademark office (USPTO), and the United States Copyright Office. When appearing before these agencies our attorneys use their legal and real world training to advocate for, and obtain the best possible result for, our clients.
Our attorneys assist individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, and other entities whenever legal needs arise. Our client’s range in size from single member LLCs to large multi-tiered holding corporations. At Rudner & Paleudis, LLC we regularly assist with the formation of business entities and the preparation of operating agreements, shareholders’ agreements, leases and other agreements that are vital to the successful start-up of any business. Our attorneys also represent existing companies in need of purchase and sale agreements, buy-sell agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other contracts that serve to protect our client’s interests in the event of inevitable business complications. We represent individuals and entities buying and selling real commercial property. The firm represents not-for-profit corporations formed under the New York State Not-For-Profit Law. In this capacity our firm works with clients, and the Attorney Generals Office, to form and dissolve these charitable entities.
At Rudner & Paleudis, LLC, we represent bar owners, restaurateurs, hoteliers, liquor stores, liquor importers, microbrewers, wineries, and other corporate entities. Having spent years representing licensees, our attorneys are aware that businesses rely upon their ability to serve alcohol and that every day that passes without a liquor license means substantial lost revenue. We appreciate the time sensitive nature of all matters pending before the New York State Liquor Authority, and other licensing agencies, and we work expeditiously to facilitate the processing of our clients’ applications.
In addition to assisting clients with their applications to the New York State Liquor Authority, our attorneys handle renewal applications, alteration applications, applications for approval of corporate change, 500-foot rule hearings, SLA violations and all other matters before the New York State Liquor Authority.
Our firm represents inventors, entertainers, producers, and manufacturers who seek protection of their intellectual property rights through patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We also take all steps to assist patent, trademark, and copyright registrants and owners to protect their intellectual property from potential infringers. The attorneys in the firm’s intellectual property group have more than fifty years of combined experience registering, prosecuting, and litigating patents, trademarks, and copyrights. Our attorneys have represented clients including multi-national chemical and pharmaceutical companies, a multi-national cutting edge technology company with an extensive research and development budget, toy manufacturers, movie producers, actors, actresses, singers, songwriters, and other individuals and entities seeking to protect their intellectual property.
An unfortunate by-product of operating a successful business is that the successful business owner will likely become involved in litigation. Whether your business is being sued, or considering whether to commence litigation, the attorneys at our firm have the knowledge and experience to assist you and will zealously represent your interests. Our attorneys appear in state and federal courts on a variety of litigated matters involving patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, labor and employment disputes arising under the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and Title VII of the United Stated Code, consumer fraud, and environmental protection. These matters, which involve both individual and class actions, frequently involve complex factual and legal issues that will ultimately have a significant impact on our clients’ most important consideration - their bottom line.
The attorneys at our firm stand ready to assist you or your company with your business law, liquor licensing, intellectual property, and litigation needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us by filling out and submitting our online “Contact Us” form, by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us at (212) 949-0138 in New York City, (914) 220-8270 in White Plains, or (203) 355-3635 in Stamford.
- The Next Glass App For Smartphones Ensures That A User's Next Glass Of Wine Or Beer Is The Perfect One Have you ever been out to dinner and ordered a bottle of wine that no one enjoyed? Have you stood in front of racks of wine at a liquor store
- Governor Andrew Cuomo: The New York Beer Brewers' Friend It's a great time to open a brewery in New York. The state, through the acts of Governor Cuomo, is doing what it can to foster the craft beverage
- Empire Brewery Lets Lucasfilm Feel Its Force During Trademark Dispute What's in a name? Shakespeare believed that a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet. It appears that Empire Brewery does not agree when it
- The Supreme Court of the United States Leaves Question of Trademark Tacking To Jury The United States Supreme Court has not decided many trademark cases in the last past ten years. Recently, however, the high court was asked to end
- Music Copyright Infringement Cases: Sam Smith Backs Down to Tom Petty While The "Blurred Lines" Writers and Marvin Gaye's Family Stand Their Ground Music copyright infringement cases are making headlines once again. At issue this week are Sam Smith's Grammy-nominated ballad "Stay With Me" and the
- The TTAB Recently Decides That Wine and Beer Are Substantially Similar In The Trademark World Some of our recent blog posts have discussed the issues that can arise when a smaller entity tries to pursue federal trademark protection of a brand